The Green Mire Mystery
Breaking news from PeaTV. Many residents around The Green Mire witnessed flashing lights and unusual sounds coming out of the depths of the swamp during a recent devastating thunderstorm. After searching for many hours, local authorities finally found what appears to be a huge crater in the darkest depths of the swamp. However, they cannot figure out where it came from or even exactly what it is.
No signs of life or a meteor have been found at the site and it seems that the crater came out of nowhere overnight. The scientists are, after many hours of research, still clueless and are asking for help from local residents.
We at PeaTV encourage you to send in stories about the mysterious crater. If yours is one of the top three entries, in addition to being featured in the MadPea blog, you will be financially rewarded for your creativity:
10,000L 1st place
3,000L 2nd place
2,000L 3rd place
PeaTV is talking now with Her Evil Highness Kiana Writer, who is the sole judge of the competition. She shared with PeaTV that she will personally contact and then announce the winners on July 6.
“All entries will be judged on creativity, how well the spirit of the swamp is captured, and overall quality of the story’s composition (how well it is written),” said Her Evil Highness. “Your story should indicate a familiarity with the backstory of The Green Mire swamp (the mystery of the missing boys).”
For information on the contest, contact Thalia Lupindo via notecard or IM. DO NOT CONTACT Kiana Writer except to submit your story via email.
Rules for the Contest:
- Only one entry per person.
- Only one person may author each story.
- Entries must be written in the English language.
- Entries must be received by June 30, 2014 via email to email@example.com
MadPea Contest Terms:
By submitting your written material to the MadPea writing contest, you agree to the following terms:
- You acknowledge that the work submitted is an original creation and written by you.
- MadPea has the right to alter, modify, or amend your work for any MadPea purpose.
- MadPea will acknowledge your authorship should you win first, second, or third prize.
- MadPea will only compensate you for a first, second, or third prize (10,000L, 3000L, and 2,000L respectively). You will not receive any additional compensation for any reason.
- If you do not win the first, second, or third prize, MadPea will not retain any rights to your submitted work.
- If you are a prize winner, MadPea may ask you to add material without additional compensation.
The story should be mysterious in nature and take place at
Go have a look and find your inspiration!