Saturday, February 16, 2013

Winry's Whimsey - Vendor Interview


Thank you for participating in "Love Potion No. 9.9". 



Small write up on what brought you to Second Life and how your store came into existence? Anything else you would like the Peas and readers to know about you?
 
Around five years ago, my mother heard a report about SL on NPR, and decided to check it out.  I followed along with, and discovered that it was less intimidating talking to people online.  Outside of SL, we live in a very bad neighborhood, where you are more likely to run into a member of a gang than anyone else, so friendship opportunities are scarce. Because of this, I was _very_ shy, and hid from almost everyone I met here.  A couple of months later, I started unofficially helping newbies at an old help center, and spent the next three years either in a sandbox in a desperate attempt to glue prims together in an artistic way, or helping a panicking newbie trying to wrestle a box off of their head. 

Through the years, I found that I liked making silly little builds, simple sculpts, drawing, and later, making textures.  Some friends practicably bullied me into starting up a shop for some of my first products.  They didn't sell very well, I got discouraged and closed up my store.  A year or so later, I discovered furry mods, and decided to try making them instead.  My first few were just popular enough to support a small rental spot.  A few people who gave feedback encouraged me to make more.  Their enthusiasm and friendliness fueled my desire to make more mods, which eventually paid my way to where I am now.  I feel very fortunate to have met so many wonderful people, and am grateful to all who have helped me along the way.  ^_^

Please tell us a little bit about your store and your products?

I mostly sell furry mods, but I also have a few accessories, and plants.  I like to be a little bit unusual in what I make, and am VERY picky about quality.  I am never totally satisfied with my work and am always striving to improve my skills.  Mods are one section of furry shopping, which limits my potential customer base.  It is further narrowed down, because I like to create for some of the lesser modded avatars, like DSD, Raawr, and Tokushi. 

I don't want to limit myself to selling only one thing, and LOVE getting suggestions for more stuff.  Good feedback, constructive critiques, and suggestions are always appreciated. 

What is the prize that you made for the Love Potion No. 9.9 Hunt?


A gigantic box of candy!  Sure to send child avatars and tinies into a sugar induced frenzy!  It is a key element in my master plan to take over the Gri- I mean uh.... to prevent candy deficiency!  Join me in helping to support this cause!  *whistles quietly to herself*  >.>;;


What do you think of the hunt and the story involved with the hunt?

The whole hunt was very cool.  The story was a neat idea, and I liked reading about it while exploring and waiting for things to rez.  ^_^

Have you yourself been able to start or maybe have completed the hunt?

If you have completed or started the hunt, what was your thoughts on the experience?

It was a lot easier than I had expected.  I was afraid that it was going to be tough, but my partner and I zoomed right through it. 

Have you had a favorite experience with the hunt or hunt member(s)? (The Peas)

Nope, sorry.  This is my first time ever participating in a Madpea hunt..  ^_^;;

What is your favorite thing about being involved in the hunt?

All the traffic!  I've never seen so many people at my store before, it's all very exciting! ^_^

I also get to read TONS of new profiles that I've never seen before.  Profile reading is a bit of a hobby of mine.  The more funny or creative, the better.

What would you like to say to the Peas that have or have not done the hunt?

Try it out!  Even if you don't care about prizes, the visuals are all worth it.  I've seen some astoundingly beautiful textures and builds on my trek to find potion ingredients, and run across some very cool avatars.

Have you noticed increased traffic or increase in sale of your products during this hunt? Or what are the benefits for being a part of this hunt for you?


I was really surprised, but I have seen a slight increase in sales.  I was afraid that there would be no change, since most of my products are in one corner of a niche market.  Also, my trafic count has more than doubled since the hunt started, which is very exciting!  =^.^=

Thank you for your time.

Glitch Axelrad
MadPea PR



No comments:

Post a Comment