Monday, April 29, 2013

INCA Vendor Interview - Cerridwen's Cauldron

Cerridwen's Cauldron


Store


Every MadPeas hunt has a theme or definite feeling about the game that they create. What do you feel is the feeling that jumps out at you with this game? 

It reminded me of the classic Archaeologist-Adventures theme, like the Indiana Jones movies or, a that old-school game Pitfall. I love the idea of there being traps and you being able to die while at the quest. It makes it much more exciting and engaging than a simple "look for the hidden item" hunt. Its not really a hunt actually, its a quest. And that's much more exciting as a designer.
 
When you heard that the players can actually die in the game, what was your initial reaction to that?

To be honest I snickered. I could imagine the players blowing themselves, dying on lava, traps, and all manner of ways. It kind of reminded me of my old Dungeons & Dragons days as a Dungeon Master when I had a lot of fun creating beautiful settings in which to kill the players on devious ways.

MadPeas is notorious for making things difficult and it shows by the amount of times people ask for help or more hints. We have the helpers in the pea group that love to do so. Did you have a lot of people asking for help with your store? Do you hide your item very sneakily or are you more kind to your fellow hunters?

No, I do not make it easy. Its a hunt after all! Of course, if I see someone who has been roaming around for a long time I often ask if they are stuck and if they are I give them a hint. And of course that also applies if someone asks me for help. It happens, the request for help I mean, but not as often as you think. I guess this is because the helpers in the pea group really do help a lot people who has become stuck.

Elicio Ember


Please tell us a little bit about your store and your products? 
(how did you get started in Second Life?)

As I mentioned on my previous interview for Madpea, I started on SL with the explicit purpose of creating content, though it was almost half a year before I felt I knew enough about sculpting, building, scripting, etc., to release my first retail sets. Now Cerridwen's Cauldron is a popular brand that specializes in high quality, high customizability fantasy plant sets and structures, though I do a little of everything.

What is the prize that you made for the Lost Treasure of the Inca Warrior?

It had to be Incan themed of course! I did a mystic pool based on the idea of molten flowing gold: The Mystic Pool of Llanaganati; made partially from mesh with custom textures, and a cool animated splashing surface you can actually get into. And of course, the flowing molten gold faucet.
What do you think of the game play and the story that builds the game?

Simply said, I think this will redefine SL hunts. Madpea really went above and beyond on this one, and I know everyone involved worked incredibly hard on it.
And also, the prizes are really amazing.

Have you had a favorite experience with any of the hunt member(s)?

Well, something that has happened several times and always makes me smile is when one of the Peas that had not been over to my sim before sends me an IM (I am often working on my private work area on the sim) to let me know how much they enjoy the sim, how beautiful they find the landscape to be and that they were so glad to find it through the hunt.

What is your favorite thing about being involved with this game?

The high quality of it all: everything involved is top notch, the organization, the hunt huds and elements, the landscapes created for the hunt itself, the staff, the stores involved and the prizes. Its all very high quality, so I am very glad to take part of something with such high standards.

What would you like to say to the Peas that have or have not done the hunt?

Do it! I think this kind of hunt will be a benchmark of a new type of hunts and games. I know for certain that the Fantasy Faire hunt will be partially inspired on this new kind of adventure-quest. Besides, the prizes are really amazing and unique! 


Thank you for taking part in this interview. It has been a pleasure!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment