Friday, March 30, 2012

Sanity Falls Prizes - dirty. little. secret

Today we talk to Tash Porthos, owner of dirty.little.secret


MadPea: Thank you for participating the Sanity Falls hunt. Madpea is looking forward to a great event that all SL will talk about. Tell our readers about your work and your products.

Tash Porthos: [dirty.little.secret] came about as a natural progression from building things for friends and myself into building things for the SL community as a whole. I realized that I found a great deal of joy in puzzling through the process of reverse engineering to create things like furniture, swings, piercings, dwellings, makeup, clothing and shapes. My focus varies from week to week, but I throw myself into whatever I'm making, and get a great deal of satisfaction from watching others enjoy my creations.

MadPea: And what is your prize for the hunters?

1. Room

2. Room

3. Room

4. Room

Tash Porthos: My prize for Sanity Falls is a skybox build called "The Fourth Floor", and is intended to visually guide people through a mini-scenario/mystery of what's going on in one of the houses in Sanity Falls. It is an ambitious build and intended to create an immersive and interactive experience for those who want to really get into the creepy feel of a mystery.
I'm including the notecard for further details.

Madpea: Finally, which 2nd prize is waiting for the hunters at the end?

Good Girl

Good Boy

Tash Porthos: The end-game prize I made is an extension of The Fourth Floor story. It is a set of skin carvings, but the interesting part about them is that they are designed to look at from a first person perspective. Which is to say, they look as  if they have been carved by the avatar into the lower belly, and looking straight on at the avatar, the letters appear upside down. This is intentional, to add to the feeling of maddness. Because, really, would a sane person carve words into their own stomach?  :)


MadPea: Thank you for the short interview.


by Quan Lavender


No comments:

Post a Comment